Software to Send a Fax over the internet?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bmcgonag, Sep 5, 2007.

1. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

I know this get's asked now and then, but I'm wondering if any software has come out that would allow you to send a fax over the internet from your mac yet?

I don't even have a dial up phone, so something like this would be great.

Brian

2. rsunusi macrumors newbie

rsunusi

j2 ( www.j2.com) is your best bet for online faxing on the Mac --

You need to pay though, its $15/month, plus a few cents a page I believe.

You download j2 messenger, you can use a free account and have a free fax number, but you can only receive faxes on it, to send faxes you need to upgrade and pay the monthly fee.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

At work I use Right Fax, but at home I've used eFax.

4. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

GoDaddy has one too, it starts at $6.99 per month. I've used it before and it works pretty well.

5. CCStandUpFan macrumors newbie

I've used and liked eFax

I've used and liked eFax. They'll give you your own fax number for free. The only downside is they will send you some advertising emails from time to time. Also, there is a limit on how many pages you can send for free every month.

If you just want to send a fax, get one back, and reply by fax, I'd say eFax would meet that need very well -- again, for free.

Edit: I just noted the part about not having a phone at home. Not sure if eFax will work for sending. Might be a receipt-only situation.

6. rdav macrumors 6502

rdav

eFax in Intel Mac.

I have had eFax for a while on a PC. They have some very old OS-X 10.1 software, but nothing for the new Intel Macs (that would interface with Address Book etc). Which is a shame. Also, they will not let you port out your exisiting eFax number to another service.