Software to view tethered shots via computer

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by trjwv, Nov 29, 2010.

1. trjwv macrumors regular

Anyone viewing live photo shoots on their computer/laptop? What software are you using? Any recommendations on Nikon Camera Pro 2.0? I am looking into shooting via tethered in my studio and was wondering what was the norm, if any for this.
    Thanks

2. genshi macrumors 6502a

genshi

Unless I am misunderstanding what you are asking, doesn't Aperture 3 (in your sig) allow you to shoot tethered?

3. trjwv thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks Genshi; Yes it is available in Aperture. I tried it last evening and it works good.
    The only drawback I can see is the photo only stores on my laptop and not my CF card. If anyone knows how to make the photo store both on the card and in Aperture please let me know.
    Thanks again Genshi....

4. chiefroastbeef macrumors 6502a

If you will be shooting in a studio, then nikon camera control pro will be an amazingly powerful app. All the controls of the camera can be controlled via the computer, and with live view mode, you can see,focus,shoot the live picture right from your computer screen. It is a great app for studio photographers who can be tethered to a computer at all times. I have the program, although I do not use it much, I am amazed at the app every time. Aperture3 tethering allows to shoot and save to aperture, but it cannot fully control the camera through the app like ccp can.

5. Padaung macrumors 6502

Padaung

I too found the Aperture tethering very basic. Good in times of need, but I guess Aperture wasn't really made to be fully featured in this area and I wouldn't expect it to be either. Nikon Camera Control is amazing - I have no idea if you get full functionality with your D5000.

6. chiefroastbeef macrumors 6502a

He is also packin the d3s, he'll be fine. :) surely the d5000 has live view support?