"Software up to date" / Error 3000 issue? Here's the solution!

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by NotAdvisable, Jul 31, 2013.

1. NotAdvisable, Jul 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2013

NotAdvisable macrumors regular

NotAdvisable

Hey guys!

If you're trying to update from iOS 7 Beta 3 to Beta 4 and you're getting a "Your software is up to date." or 'Unknown Error' error?

Note: This isn't necessary if you're iOS device can find the update OTA. You only have to follow these steps if the Software Update screen constantly says "Your software is up to date." :)

1. Download iTunes 11.1 (beta 1) from Apple's Developer Centre
    2. Install & Update iTunes
    3. Download iOS 7 Beta 4 for your device also from the Apple Developer Centre
    4. Plug in you're iOS device, select it from the 'Devices' list in iTunes
    5. Hold the 'Option' / 'Alt' key on your keyboard and click "Update"
    6. Select the approipate iOS 7 Beta 4 IPSW file
    7. Let iTunes update your iOS 7 device :D
    Hopefully that helps you guys with problems updating to Beta 4.

Enjoy!

2. shenfrey macrumors 68000

How is that a fix?

That hasn't fixed anything, that's just the alternative. Thanks for posting anyway, I'm sure it will help one or two people out.

3. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

this post is useless. you dont need to download the beta itunes in order to update the device to beta 4 using the IPSW.

4. NotAdvisable thread starter macrumors regular

NotAdvisable

Actually unless you like receiving "Unknown Error: ####" then yes, you do have to use iTunes 11.1 b1.

If you have nothing nice to say, then don't say anything; perhaps?

5. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

its not about having something nice to say or not. youre posting incorrect information. if you cannot take the correction, then dont post info with such certainty when you arent right.

i was getting this error on my ipad mini when trying to update from beta 3 to beta 4. my iphone 4 test device updated OTA no issue. my mini refused to find the OTA download, giving an unknown failed error. i downloaded the restore IPSW, as i ALWAYS do, and applied the update in the exact same way you described...which is how its been done forever. all while using the most recent non beta itunes.

you dont need the beta itunes to do the upgrade you described. anyone on the most recent itunes can do this update.

6. NotAdvisable thread starter macrumors regular

NotAdvisable

Apologies, but I can defiantly assure you that I was receiving multiple "Unknown Errors" until I installed iTunes 11.1 b1. Until that point I couldn't update my iPhone to beta 4.

Most likley, this issue is caused from using different devices - you with an iPad Mini and myself with my iPhone 4S. That's probably why you could use iTunes 11 and I had to use iTunes 11.1 b1.

7. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

im sorry, but again, im nearly 100% certain you are wrong. i dont care if its the phone, ipod or ipad. if its having trouble locating the OTA update, you can ALWAYS force the update by having the IPSW file downloaded and select it manually through itunes.

$100 says if you go back to beta 3, and try the update again using the non beta itunes, it will work. you can sit here until youre red in the face arguing your point, but you are WRONG. you do not need the beta itunes to perform the update you described. it will do the exact same thing regardless of device, ios version or beta or not.

and your update OTA errors have nothing to do with using itunes to update. two different things. i dont even understand how you think they are related. for what its worth, i updated both my mini and iphone 5 on the non beta itunes using IPSW's.

8. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

A restart will do the trick. Worked for me with b3 and b4

9. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

this was an actual valid solution for some people. others, like myself, had no luck and had to update to beta 4 using the IPSW.

10. NotAdvisable thread starter macrumors regular

NotAdvisable

Hey, I'm not going to argue with you - I'm just posting the exact steps of which I had to go through to get my iPhone 4S from iOS 7 Beta 3 -> Beta 4.
    I did restart it and reset settings & content, and even at that point I couldn't update OTA - of which my iPad (4th Gen) did almost as the news of the latest beta broke.

Even using an ISPW in iTunes 11 resulted in Unknown Errors, and only until I updated to iTunes 11.1 b1 I had an update success.

Once more I apologise if you don't agree with me, but you don't have to write in capital letters that I'm "wrong" and you bet $100 dollars on it.

11. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

funny, you didnt mention before you tried even using non beta itunes before. and frankly, i dont believe you would get those unknown errors by using itunes at all. either way, glad it worked for you.

12. tonymophoto macrumors newbie

I am having this update issue.

A restart did NOT correct the issue.

I'll have to manually install the file tonight and report back.

13. batting1000 macrumors 604

I've seen a number of people here that haven't been able to update or restore in iTunes to beta 4 until they've installed the iTunes beta.

14. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

This is exactly what to do.

New beta is released download ota. First shot doesn't work hard reset try again.
    That doesn't work download the ipsw file from the dev center and call it a day.

No need what so ever to mess with iTunes beta lol

15. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Just search the forum for "3000". There are a handful of threads showing people are unable to update to Beta 4 without iTunes 11.1 Beta. They keep getting an error 3000. I as well had this problem updating my iPad 2.

16. C DM macrumors Westmere

You can believe it or not, it doesn't change the actual fact that people have been running into this issue (not everyone and not all the time) and what appears to solve it for them is using the new beta of iTunes.

17. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

well the OP didnt specify that exact error. he made it sound like if it cant find the OTA, try the beta itunes....which isnt necessarily true. maybe there is some weird specific error like this one that would somehow need itunes beta in order for it to work. but even then, i find that really strange.

18. NotAdvisable thread starter macrumors regular

NotAdvisable

I'll take that as an apology, dictoresno.
    Next time maybe don't trash someones post until you're absolutely sure their making things up.

Working in a school with over a thousand iPads, we have 10 on an iOS 7 trial.
    3 updated to B4 OTA, 1 updated with the IPSW on iTunes 11 and the other 6 required iTunes 11.1 b1 & and IPSW.

19. ngo macrumors newbie

Hey, I think I have to support you in the way that using iTunes 11.1 b1 for updating new iOS, because I really can not update only by iTunes 11 and IPSW

Really Thanks~

20. NotAdvisable thread starter macrumors regular

NotAdvisable

No problem mate, glad to help :)

21. bsb macrumors newbie

Worked for me with iOS 7 Beta 5.

I had updated to Beta 4 without any problems, but following an incident with my BT keyboard mistyping my passcode too many times (while in my computer bag) and my iPad locking, I had to factory restore back to iOS 6, and the iOS 7 Beta 5 update would always throw the error 3000.

Thank you!

22. illyb2000 macrumors 6502

any solutions for restoring/updating to beta 4 from ios 6.1.4 and getting 3194 error ?

edited my host files but no joy

iphone 5 (windows user so canot download itunes 11.1)