Software update 2.0.2 ruined by iPod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tbluhp, Aug 19, 2008.

1. tbluhp macrumors 6502a

Ok this new update for some reason when I turn on and off the iPod all my music and movies are gone but on the iPod settings says they are their but all I get when clicking Music or Movies is none connect iPod to iTunes to sync. What is going on unhappy with this and don't want to reformat.

2. chainprayer macrumors 6502a

3. tbluhp thread starter macrumors 6502a

No it's not and never will be.

4. chainprayer macrumors 6502a

Why not reformat? It should be running in just a bit

5. tbluhp thread starter macrumors 6502a

Not on a eMac with USB 1.1 it's not.

6. Incrimn8r macrumors newbie

I had similar fault, the ipod said there was 0 video and 0 songs but showed only 2Gb free space. Had to restore

7. J*man macrumors member

Same thing happened to me. All of my music and video were wiped out but on the iTunes sync screen it said 14 GB of "other". So after reloading everything back on that 14 GB of "other" is still there, along with the audio and video I synced back. So now I only have a small amount of GB's left. I guess I'll have to restore.

iPod was not jailbroken.

8. whiteness macrumors member

yeah...
    its happens to me too....
    i think it happens because the app S###
    anyone can i know whats new in 2.0.2 n weird thing in 2.0.2?

thnks

9. tbluhp thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well after 12 hours of restoring once again it froze so know I am fed up and I am going to keep the ipod on with the frozen screen till it comes back to normal cause restoring is a pain. Not loving this new update just caused more problems.

10. tbluhp thread starter macrumors 6502a

I am thinking one of my applications are doing this to me?

11. LAPTOP GAMER macrumors newbie

I too have had this problem and I exchanged my i pod at the Apple store thinking it was defective, turns out that some of the apps are corrupt. I have only reload 8 apps I trust and will not be so eager to buy apps in the future as I spent 2 separate days recovering my i pod, because it kept crashing.

12. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

I am also having this, here are my applications:- do you have any of these?

[​IMG]

EDIT: I'm restoring back to 2.0.1, hopefully won't get the freezes.
    [​IMG]

13. tbluhp thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have several of your apps that you have as well. How do you restore back to 2.0.1 without molding or jailbreaking? The Apple way.

14. tbluhp thread starter macrumors 6502a

I got it fixed without downgrading cause I don't know how to. I only have trusted application installed say 4 of my 80. I read reviews before installing onto iPod touch as of know. The apps I don't put on the iPod I just leave them in my library.

15. whiteness macrumors member

16. tbluhp thread starter macrumors 6502a

I don't get what you mean by app ++++++?

17. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

Yeah it happens to me, I've been to the Genius bar twice trying to fix this. But, they claim its hardware related. They won't admit that it's a software issue. I did find a fix that I'm trying out. You will need to do a full restore wipe your ipod clean. You can find the fix here:

http://arstechnica.com/journals/appl...wngrade-itunes

If this one doesn't work just go to arstechnica webiste, click the apple tab, and find the article titled "More on iPhone app-crashing, how to downgrade iTunes"

http://discussions.apple.com/thread....917930#7917930

If this doesn't work go to Apple's dicussions forum and find this thread- Apple.com > Support > Discussions > iPhone Hardware > Original iPhone > iphone 2.0 problems

He also created a website at:

http://ja1me.net/iTunes_and_Oops/thanks_for_coming.html

Hope this helps.

To sum up the process, you wipe iTunes 7.7.1 off of your machine. Delete all the support files (on windows- clean your registry) then reboot. Then install 7.7.0 and then do a full restore on your iPod using 7.7.0 - do not use any backup data -restore as a new iPod. You should have cleaned everything out and have no backup data but just in case....

I'm trying this on a pc and so far so good - I'm on day 6 now and not one problem.