Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2005
I am wondering when Apple will release a software update for the iPhone. Obviously they know they just released bare skin and bones for the OS on the iPhone and we dont have any choices. Can i at least have my email in horizontal mode and some type of native AIM chat?

Can I save pics from the web to my phone, can I please have some choices??
There is no email set up guided step by step process or anything. I thought Mail is one of the main apps, why does YouTube have a more completeness?

Can I throw some of my own widgets on this sucker already? Come on this things features were as so 6 months ago @ MacWorld. I am dieing to know if anyone knows anything.

Just seems like there should be a very worthy/necessary software update to the iPhone OS to really get the full effect out of it.

timmypv15

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2007
I am quite annoyed.

When I was waiting in line, the AT&T manager came out and told us all, "Before you do ANYTHING with your phone, you have to charge it for at least 20 minutes. Also, leave it ON tonight because they are sending out a system update for MMS."

Everyone in line was quite happy when he said that about the MMS, but I don't think they are now, since it didnt happen. :rolleyes:

eddietr

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2006
Virginia
I am quite annoyed.

When I was waiting in line, the AT&T manager came out and told us all, "Before you do ANYTHING with your phone, you have to charge it for at least 20 minutes. Also, leave it ON tonight because they are sending out a system update for MMS."

Everyone in line was quite happy when he said that about the MMS, but I don't think they are now, since it didnt happen. :rolleyes:

Sorry to say that there was a tremendous amount of confusion and misinformation within AT&T about this phone.

Software updates will be via iTunes. And I wouldn't expect to see one for at least a few more weeks. Unless they decide to do a little a fix for the iPod crashing when using Safari problem.

rodkil00

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2007
I know, Where are the updates!

This is something that would be relatively simple for Apple to do. I'm waiting for an actual file system and file browser so I can save files that are sent to me or that come from the internet. And where is the Multimedia Texting :mad: . AT&T is ready for it all Apple has to do is flip the switch and put that compatibility on there. Landscape typing would be nice too!
Sorry im sort of venting, but I have had my 4Gig iPhone since the hour it came out and these capabilities are my only problems with the iPhone. Maybe some ringtones too, that would be nice, since the rest of the world does it.

Don't get me wrong I love my iPhone but these fixes would be nice! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.