Software Update Crashed System--Stuck CD

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by tracymaria, Oct 11, 2009.

1. tracymaria macrumors newbie

Hi,
    My old iMac desktop with Tiger OS installed crashed. I couldn't reboot. I tried the Hardware checkout I got with my MacBook and everything passed. I tried to start-up from the Tiger install disk--but couldn't. So, I went to my old 9.2 OS install disk and was able to startup. Problem is that it didn't let me do anything. I couldn't see my hard drive or attempt any kind of repair. I also can now not eject the system disk. What do I do to first get the 9.2 OS install disk out of my computer and then how do I retrieve my system? I thought I would try rebooting from my MacBook OS X install disk, which I probably should have tried before the 9.2 OS. I would appreciate any help.

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

You won't be able to use your MacBook disk as it is Intel-only.

What model is your iMac?

3. tracymaria thread starter macrumors newbie

All the Profiler says is iMac. The processor type is PowerPC G3 and the Machine id is 406. It is the last series with the color bodies. Mine is blue. The OS 9.2 that I can boot up with had Disk First Aid on it. But, I'm afraid it will erase my hard drive. And, I can't eject that disk to try another.

4. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

5. tracymaria thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you. I was able to eject the disk by holding the mouse button down. Do you have any ideas about what I should do to recover my system?

6. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution