software update crashes router osx10.5

MattyP30

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2007
hey,

i'm trying to run software update on my 20" alu 2.4ghz imac but everytime it starts downloading the router crashes and restarts! anyone else having similar problems/heard of a fix? the router is a bthomehub (i'm in the uk)

thanks

johndur

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2008
I'm having exactly the same issue. Brand new iMac running OS 10.5. I can surf the web, use widgets, connect to shared folders on other computers, download from iTunes, etc. But when I try to run Software Update on the iMac, my router (Netgear WPN824)crashes and has to be power-cycled.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rustman

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2007
England
Try downloading your needed updates from here.

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/

I've never come across a Netgear router being crashed by a HTTP download before. A BT Homehub router will crash the moment it connects to the internet however.

I would also suggest that both of you look for firmware updates to your routers.

Mahoney

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2008
I'm having exactly the same issue. Brand new iMac running OS 10.5. I can surf the web, use widgets, connect to shared folders on other computers, download from iTunes, etc. But when I try to run Software Update on the iMac, my router (Netgear WPN824)crashes and has to be power-cycled.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I've also got a WPN824, and it is also being crashed - though for me it's when I update Eclipse. Seems it has a major issue with large downloads of some varieties... very frustrating.