"Software Update" doesn't find updates

Discussion in 'macOS' started by hanzoh, Apr 5, 2008.

1. hanzoh macrumors member

Hey guys,

yesterday, I did the following:

I did a full backup at noon with CCC 3.0.1 on my external drive.
    In the evening I planned to replace my MBP's internal hard drive with a new 320GB one. But before I updated to the new Updates available (Quicktime 7.4.5, iTunes 7.6.2, Frontrow... etc). I don't know why I did it, I guess I forgot that my backup wouldn't include that, or that I wanted to replace my hard drive at all :eek:

Anyway, I replaced the HD successfully and restored the CCC created backup with my Leopard DVD via Disk Utility.

When I booted everything was the same as it was at noon, except that LittleSnitch reseted it preferences somehow, no big deal.

But now I can't use Software Update anymore. iTunes itself reports, that a new update is available and then starts Software Update, but Software Update says "everything is up to date".

I checked /Library/Updates which only included an index file (deleted it).
    I searched for all Software Update .plists and deleted them, even Software Update's .log file (so it can't show me anymore which software it had updated).

Has anyone of you experienced something similar and knows a fix for this?

Cheers,
    Chris

2. John01021988 macrumors 6502

Something might got messes up in the transition..... I would personally recommend to reinstall your whole system, because eventually, it will start happening to other programs of any other software updates. If u think its only iTunes, you can try download the new version from the website. You can do an archive and install as well, and when you need a program, you just drag it from the old file which can be located in your laptop or in the external HD

3. rloechner macrumors newbie

I am experiencing a similar problem...

I went to install the new Safari Beta today .. and my computer 'didn't meet the system requirements'. WTF(i thought to myself). So I checked it out and I still have 10.5.5 installed. I went to run Software Update, low and behold - my computer is up to date. Clearly this is not the case.

I checked the Software Update Log and see that my last update was on 2008-12-30.

I am downloading and will manually install/upgrade to 10.5.6 but am curious to know if anyone has similar problems or a way to fix this problem. I need my software updates!! :apple: what gives?