Software Update Doesnt Give me the Mac App Store. Other Methods to get the App Store?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by HappyDude20, Mar 17, 2011.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

When checking Software Update on my Mac i'm told there isn't any software to update...therefore am not given the option of (re)downloading the Mac App Store.

I initially deleted it a few days ago considering the Mac App Store on my Mac was not working...perhaps due to my restricted WiFi settings that i'm under at this house...where i'm currently located in China. I downloaded the Mac App Store back home in California, though here in China, things seem a bit limited.

Nevertheless, am wondering what other avenues I can take to download the Mac App Store on my Mac...considering Software Update doesn't give me the option..

2. simsaladimbamba

3. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I can't thank you enough for the quick reply, however it seems Dropbox is restricted here in China, or at the very least at this WiFi network. The only way I have getting into Dropbox is my own personal account, via only through the Dropbox application on my Mac, which is the method that allows me to sync my files...though dropbox.com itself doesn't work one bit.

I'll try the Update Combo through the Apple website and see if that helps. I don't recall the size of the Mac App Store App itself, but if its low enough, and if you didn't mind, i'll appreciate an attached email.. but again, i'll try the update combo route first.

Nevertheless, thank you for replying.

4. simsaladimbamba

5. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

It seems 2shared is restricted in this country as well. The Great Firewall of China is really a painful sight to bear here.

Nevertheless i've visited the Apple site and am currently successfully downloading the 10.6.6 software combo update, so am hoping that works.

I';ll post here once again if any issues arrive and/or of my success. Either way simsaladimbamba, thank you. Really.

6. simsaladimbamba

That's a bummer.

Anyway, you can use Pacifist to extract the AppStore.app, therefore you don't need to reinstall the update.

7. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Thank you so much.

If you're even in Xingtai I will treat you to the best Noodles this part of China has ever seen!

That or Southern California when I get back in 2 months...Did someone say In & Out? :D:D:D