Software Update doesn't show the latest Multi-Touch Trackpad Update

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Davvido, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Davvido macrumors regular

Davvido

Hello,

Yesterday Apple released Safari 5.0.1 and Magic Trackpad and Multi-Touch Trackpad Update 1.0, but Software Update on my Mac makes me able to download only the first one (Safari 5.0.1) - which I did. Why can't it find the Multi-Touch Trackpad Update?

- My MacBook is fine (it's 13-inch, Mid 2009).
    - My OS is fine (Mac OS X v10.6.4).

Sure, I can download it manually, BUT it makes me really annoyed if something on my Mac works not as good as it should.

PS Sorry if my English isn't good enough. :)

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Your English is better than that of many native speakers, look at LameBook.

Maybe Apple just decided not to include it in Software Update, as user might get confused what it is?

3. Davvido thread starter macrumors regular

Davvido

Thank you. :)

According to Apple Support page:

"If you have a supported Mac portable (as listed below) that has Mac OS X v10.6.4 installed, install this update by using Software Update or by downloading the manual update to add inertial scrolling and three-finger drag gesture support."

I removed all caches and preference files created by Software Update. I even repaired all permissions. Still nothing. I'm really confused.

4. Queso macrumors G4

I'm not sure why it's not showing up in Software Update but here's the link to the Apple website for a manual download (just in case anyone wants it)

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1066

5. makinao macrumors regular

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4254 says this:

"Magic Trackpad and Multi-Touch Trackpad Update 1.0 will appear in Software Update only after you install the the Mac OS X v10.6.4 update and after you pair your Magic Trackpad. "

6. Davvido thread starter macrumors regular

Davvido

My friend has got an aluminium MacBook and he was able to download this update via Software Update and he didn't pair his Magic Trackpad (he doesn't even own one).

BTW, I downloaded and installed this update manually and nothing has changed. Oh, I'm sorry, I see a difference - now I can't turn off Bluetooth, because my Mac thinks it's paired with a device... Of course it isn't. Any advice? :)

7. Queso macrumors G4

You should see an extra couple of gesture options in your Trackpad preference panel. Otherwise you don't see any changes until you pair with a Magic Trackpad.

8. Davvido thread starter macrumors regular

Davvido

Pairing with a Magic Trackpad isn't necessary, because my friend doesn't have a Magic Trackpad, however he received some new gesture options after this update.

9. Queso macrumors G4

Yes. Which is exactly what I said ;)

10. Davvido thread starter macrumors regular

Davvido

OK. :) Better tell me how can I turn off Bluetooth. :cool:

11. Davvido thread starter macrumors regular

Davvido

OK, I turned off Bluetooth. I just had to connect a wired mouse to make my Mac sure that turning off Bluetooth won't make me unable to control it.