Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tom Light

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2002
My 12" PB, for the first time, failed to pickup new available software updates. The iTunes 4 and QT 6.2 upgrades, though allegedly available, have not been being picked up by the Software Update application when I run it.

Anyone run into a similar situation before?

Thanks!

Tom

RBMaraman

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2002
New Albany, IN
iTunes 4 and QuickTime 6.2 were not added to the software update. You can only download them from Apple's website. Sometimes, when they release a new piece of software, they make it available only on the website for a few weeks, then add it to the software update at a later time.

I'm assuming that Apple will eventually place them in the software update control panel, but they didn't place them in yet.

Tom Light

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2002
Originally posted by RBMaraman
iTunes 4 and QuickTime 6.2 were not added to the software update. You can only download them from Apple's website.

Interesting, thanks. The odd part, as part of the download process for iTunes, I was slapped on the wrist saying "next time, get this from the software update applet..."

Tom

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
mine siad that too, i think apple messed up, i'm glad i ahve all theupdates isntalled nto concerned with how.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.