Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

burdekin

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2011
I do regular software updates on my late 2010 Macbook Pro which is running Snow Leopard. When i am connected to the Apple site my machine sends data and receives data before it advises me of any new updates. What is the very small amount of data 4 to 8 mg which i receive before i get the screen with the full details of the new updates. This may be a silly question but i have very little tech knowledge so make sure i do regular time machine back ups and software updates. I am only using the standard applications which came with the mac along with i Work

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I'm not exactly sure what it is. But it has to be a file(s) which tell the update server what you already have installed so it knows what and what not to show you for any said update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.