Software Update showing already installed update

Discussion in 'macOS' started by wtmcgee, Jun 5, 2008.

1. wtmcgee macrumors regular

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with Software Update showing the 10.5.3 update 'ready to install' after I've already installed it. I even went to the extra measure of replacing it with the full combo installer to make sure. Any ideas on what may be causing this problem, and if there is an easy way to get around it?

(yes, I checked and it's actually installed ;))

2. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

How are you seeing the update ? By clicking on the apple in the left upper side or by way of the preferences menu?

3. wtmcgee thread starter macrumors regular

Well, I certainly could get it that way - but the auto notification is popping up daily saying 10.5.3 is available.

4. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Download it and install it..Can't hurt. Sounds like an anomaly to me though.

5. wtmcgee thread starter macrumors regular

I already did that once (after the initial 10.5.3 update), to which it completed, restarted as it should have, but then presented we with the same notification (that 10.5.3 was ready to install).

I then realized maybe there was a problem so I did the whole routine - the (what many say is un-necessary) permissions repair, download of the combo installer, and reinstalled again (technically for the 3rd time).

Still getting the dialog box.

6. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

Check your utility folder. See if there's an app there that might need to be run that didn't run during any of the 10.5.3 update.

A similar issue a lot of people had during some of the firmware updates. It continued to show up until the actual update was performed which was hiding in the utility folder.

It's just a thought.