Software update to 10.7.1 not working?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Kevsta26, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Kevsta26 macrumors 6502a

So I've been trying to update to OS X Lion 10.7.1 on my 2011 MacBook Pro and whenever I go to install the update the screen goes to a white screen (I think with the apple logo also) and sometime a progress bar spins and then it goes back to the login screen with a greenish blue tint and then goes back to regular color... If I login it seems all fine but it just didn't update, and usually my Google Chrome wont open so I have to restart... I'm just really confused. I didn't get OS X Lion illegally or anything, I just got it straight from the Mac App Store, and I haven't messed around with my Mac at all, I just put a second partition so I could run 64-Bit Windows 7 on it.

Things I've tried:
    -Run disk utility to repair permissions and disk
    -Restart a bunch of times
    -Try a different update (Update for Cameras worked fine, but didn't require reboot)
    -Deleting Software Update preferences
    -Wanted to delete a com.apple.SoftwareUpdate folder, but there wasn't one on my computer
    -Countless hours of research.

Any Solutions? It would be greatly appreciated :)

2. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

Not a solution but wondering if creating the new partition has messed up the Lion recovery partition

the only thing I can think of is redownload 10.7.1 from the app store and run this, instead of using software update

this should recreate the partition for you, but it might corrupt your windows partition

this might not be the problem, but could be worth looking into

3. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Wait until Wednesday and download 10.7.2, or if that fails to work too , the standalone 10.7.2 combo update.

4. Kevsta26 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well I do still have the Recovery HD when I do the dual boot menu in startup, I guess I could reinstall Lion if everything else fails, but I'll probably wait until 10.7.2 and see if that works. Not sure...

5. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

might be worth waiting for 10.7.2 (can't be long now)

try getting the combo update for this as mentioned above

or redownload the full 10.7.2 from the app store

6. Kevsta26, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011

Kevsta26 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Solved :)

Solved it :)

I just had to start up the Recovery HD and reinstall Lion and it took about 2 hours but now I'm updated to 10.7.1. I sure hope I don't have to do this every time I need to do a software update on Lion :/

[​IMG]