Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drcolmen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2009
Hey guys I have looked everywhere on how to fix this issue with no luck. I am ready to give up!!!! Please help...When I try software update i get this message- The file “index-leopard-seed-1.sucatalog” couldn’t be found on the server “swscan.apple.com”.

My computer Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac
Model Identifier: MacBook3,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MB31.008D.B00
SMC Version: 1.24f2

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated..

drcolmen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2009
wow this site sucks!! 39 views no replys!!! NO thanks

Jack Flash

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2007

Wow, this poster sucks. People here offer advice for free. It's been 12 hours and you haven't been served yet. I doubt you get a response faster from Apple support and they're helping you while simultaneously being on the clock.

Get lost.

itommyboy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2009
Titletown USA
Dr Coleman? The Doctor Coleman from the doctors office? I told you that copy of Leopard you got in that alley was shady! :eek:

OK we try to take the high road on these forums unlike most any other forums. Some posters just make it harder than others.

Nonetheless try downloading the combo updater (Apple link below) and then running it after it's finished downloading. If this doesn't work chances are you are going to want to wipe your hard drive and do a fresh/clean install - hopefully from a legit install DVD. Often times this error is reported due to illegal copy's of software or beta's but sometimes people with legit copy's run into it as well. I for one am giving you the benefit of doubt that you're not a crook. I mean you are Dr Coleman after all.

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/macosx_updates/macosx1057comboupdate.html

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.