Software Update

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Johnny7boy, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Johnny7boy macrumors newbie

I used to have kind of back up or you can call that restore Files
    which was described like this:
    weekly or similar the Software Update used to appeared in a window and says there are new updates for your computer and at the end up of the process the Software Update asked my approve to restart the machine, and once the the software starts I was able to see the Trash full and once you open it you could able to see the Recovery Files which was great cleaning in satisfied way .
    until ones I tried to reinstall the Imovie from The install CD that I received with my laptop's porches.
    since that I'm looking forward that Update and it doesn't seem the appear secondary.
    Please if anybody that got and solve to this Issue by telling me how to bring it back it would be so helpful .

Thanks.
    Johnny:apple:

2. ScottAult macrumors newbie

I will try

It sounds like you had an update that failed. (Was the update the same name all the time? iMovie?)
    Software Update would try to re-apply/re-download the update during your normal weekly scheduled update.
    The update required a reboot, but failed for some reason during the reboot. The remnants of the update ended up in the trash.
    The next week, the whole process started all over again.
    When you re-installed iMovie, you fixed whatever problem you had. The update applied successfully. No more reboots. No more recovered files in the trash.

Sounds like everything is OK now. I'm not sure what you thought the recovered files were in the trash, but you are not gonna see evidence of computer maintenance. It just happens. I agree, it might be nice to see a full trash can as though the maintenance crew had gone through the computer and collected everything that was no longer needed.

Well, I did my best with the question and trying to answer. Did I get close?

3. Johnny7boy thread starter macrumors newbie

Re

You quite right but the thing is, after the reboot you can see in the trash files that called Recovery Files which was great.
    what I tried to tell you was I used to get this update approximate weekly and then I reinstalled the Imovie Just because I had to it disappeared from my system so I used the the install CDS , is nothing to do with the Update.
    I think that processed that I made influenced on the entire system and apart of it stopped the Recovery Update that I used to received weekly