Software Update

Discussion in 'macOS' started by aj350z, Apr 13, 2009.

1. aj350z macrumors member

When i try to run my Software Update is just stays at about 10%... i can let it go over night and still is at 10%... any ideas how to correct this problem???

Thanks

2. interconnect macrumors regular

interconnect

i had the same problem, the only way i could fix was to reinstall leopard. i tried like 3-4 different things and nothing worked.

3. MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

It could be a problem to do with your Internet connection settings. Software Update will use whatever settings are in the Network preference pane.

I accidentally left my proxy settings on when I was coming home, for example, and they stopped Software Update from connecting properly on my proxy-free network.

Just a suggestion. Can't really help without knowing all the details. Good luck!

4. markojug macrumors regular

Yea, MarcBook is right, probably your Internet or firewall settings.

5. Markov macrumors 6502

Markov

A tad bit irrelevant to the original post, but another annoying thing about software update is that it does not scan sub-directories. Perfect example, the new iMovie update just came out and I do indeed have iMovie 09 located in /Applications/ Music\ and\ Video/ and it wouldn't show up in software update until I put it back into /Applications... very annoying, but oh well!

Anyone else with this issue?