Software Updater in Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by curlydog, Jul 27, 2011.

1. curlydog macrumors newbie

Hi,

I've currently updated to 10.6.6 and have been advised at the Apple Store not to update to 10.6.8 as Pro Tools 8 may not function with it.
    However my Software Updater continually wants me to upgrade to it even tho I've unchecked the box and said "not now". Can one disable it looking for this particular upgrade?
    Also I'm curious to know when it automatically finds an update does it download it or does it wait for you to tell it to do so.

Only concerned because I'm currently on a restricted broadband package and something has just taken me over my allowance when I thought it was all ok.

Thanks

curlydog

MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz Intel Core Duo, Snow Leopard 10.6.6

2. btbrossard macrumors 6502a

In System Prefs/Software Update you can turn off automatic checking and automatic downloading of system updates.

If you turn off automatic checking, it won't bother you again for updates.

3. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....yes, you can turn off the auto-check for updates in the software update preferences - in your case since you have limited bandwidth that's probably the best option.

You can also tell it to "ignore" a certain update by highlighting that update and selecting "ignore update" from the Update menu....oh yeah!