Software Updates on a New iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by MikeM87, Jul 14, 2011.

1. MikeM87 macrumors 6502

MikeM87

Hey Guys,

Purchased a new iMac over the weekend and am very happy with it indeed. This sounds bad but due to having a poor Internet connection i usually dont bother with software updates as it can take all day but we had BT infinity installed yesterday so i thought i would check if there was any.

Their was in total about 5gb of updates if not more. Will this be because the iMac has been sat in Apple since the refresh of the 21.5" macs? I guess this is normal however if this is correct i just thought Apple would of sold them and newer ones would come with the updates or do they just install the bare OS?

Pretty happy that i now get 37mb broadband though which is alot better than the 1mb i was getting before i can certainly tell the difference.
    iPhone 4 16gb :apple:

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

It's normal. Once Lion comes pre-installed, then there may be less updates to do but at this point, I suspect it has the same software as the ones which shipped when iMacs were updated.

3. Icy1007 macrumors 6502a

Icy1007

Does the iMac have 10.6.6? If so then it is exactly as they were when the refresh occurred.