Software Updates

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Letsproce, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Letsproce macrumors newbie

hello everyboy,

i can't seem to update my macbook with any of its updates. I try to install and restart the ones that need to restart, but it doesn't even move a inch when restarting. I've left it for like a day complete to see if the restart would move in the bar, but it just stays in the beginning. Can anybody help me please?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

What specific MacBook model and Mac OS X version do you use and what specific updates are you talking about?

Have you tried downloading them from Apple Support Downloads?

3. Letsproce thread starter macrumors newbie

I have a MAC OS X version 10.5.5

the updates are MAC OS X, Prokit, Itunes

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

and

5. jaycel macrumors newbie

Macbook freezes on restart after installing updates

My girlfriend and I both have macs, I have a macbook pro and she has a macbook, we run the 10.6.8 osx software. Recently upgraded both our computers to ilife 11 and when doing some software updates to her computer it now freezes upon restarting. It goes to the wall paper screen with the stars and night sky on it that was standard on the computer and just shows the regular curser.

Thinking it was Ilife installed the updates it needed manually to the individual software. its still happening.

finally checked to see what software it was trying to install and it is

Remote desktop client update 3.5.1
    mac osx 10.6.8 supplemental update
    superdrive firmware update 3.0
    iwork update 6 9.1
    safari 5.1
    itunes 10.4

should I try downloading these individually and restarting to see if it is a specific software update or what. I'm at a loss as to how to get her updates installed if i can't get them to restart through the software update application.