Software upgrade to 4.0...lost all my contact info

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by blondie77, Jul 5, 2010.

1. blondie77 macrumors newbie

Please bear with me and feel free to "dumb it down" a bit. I have an Iphone 3G, and this weekend, when I connected to Itunes, it upgraded to the 4.0 software and *SAID* it was backing up all of my information (contacts, calendars, etc). The software upgraded and it all works fine but *ALL* of my information is GONE! nothing is on the SIM card, because I tried putting it into another phone.

I back up my entire computer to my Time Machine regularly. I spent 1 hour on the phone with a "Genius" while I wasn't at home who repeatedly nagged me to back up my phone.

Tonight I spent 45 mins, most of the time, the "genius" didn't know where my contact data even saves. In the end, tried copying last back up before the upgrade to 4.0 software and restore my Iphone to that backup, but it was a no-go.

I am lost with out my calendar and contacts. :mad:

2. vabunuc macrumors member

i dont think the iphone stores its contacts on the sim card.

3. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

That is why you should sync with iCal and Address Book once and awhile. If things get lost just resync

4. blondie77 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, obviously. That doesn't help me now, though does it?

Anyone have any idea?

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

See if iTunes still has your old backups by going to iTunes>Preferences>Devices and it will show you all the backups on you're computer with the date and time. If any older backup is present then you can just restore again, chose restore from back up, and then chose the older backup.

6. blondie77 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Aggie:

Thanks. There is an older version, but if I click on it. the only option is to delete it.....

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

The first thing I told you was to see if you had a backup (which is why the only option there is to delete it). Now you need to restore from the backup.