iPhone Software version of replacement iPhone?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by GBR, Jun 25, 2013.

1. GBR macrumors 6502

I'm curious if anyone has experience with noticing what software version typically is running on a replacement iPhone you would get from the Genius Bar? Is it always the latest version or is it possible that one would be a version or two behind?
    I ask because I'm currently jailbroken and have some dust buildup under the lens of my iPhone 5's camera and would like to take it in to the Genius Bar. However I'm afraid if I end up with a replacement phone it will be running the latest version of iOS and I won't be able to jailbreak it.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Most likely 6.1.3 or 6.1.4
    Very slim chances that it will have 6.1.2 or below by now.

3. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

6.1.4 was released on 5/2/2013. It has been 54 days since the release. Your chance of finding an iPhone 5 with 6.1.2 or lower is very slim (if not impossible).

4. taedouni macrumors 65816

Who knows. I got an iPad 4 today (replacement) that had iOS 6.0.1. I was so excited about it.

5. NEvolution macrumors regular

Dust build up? I would just have them clear it out with some compressed air. Purple dot(s) though, you'll need to get a replacement.

6. lukejc1 macrumors 6502

This website claims to be able to tell you which version of iOS your phone was shipped with. I don't know how they do it but it was accurate for my phone.

http://ios.joshuaturner.co/

I doubt Apple will let you try the serial numbers of all their phones in stock though.