software4students.co.uk - too good to be true!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Yasin1, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Yasin1 macrumors newbie

I was looking around where to get a good deal for Office 08, and came across this website: software4students.co.uk (Note: UK Only) This is fine for me, but it does seem pretty genuine, (microsoft gold certified partner, kaspersky partner) etc. If it is really genuine, then I would advise any students in the UK to check it out before looking to buy a more expernsive version of office for mac! - its even cheaper than iWork.
    I mean, they even have a youtube channel, facebook page and the whole website looks very thorough and comprehensive, so I have my doubts that this is a fake. Check it out for yourselves I guess...

2. hodgeheg macrumors regular

They are legit - I am certain of it

Hi,

I have bought from them on 3 occasions (1 copy of MS Office 2007, 2 copies of 2008 for Mac). Although you can only buy one per product normally, I was a student at two different universities in different years, so became eligible again.

I was skeptical when I first found them (about a year and a half ago) but I hunted and found a link to them from Microsoft's own site.

They are entirely for real. You get a proper pressed CD with key.

3. Saladinos macrumors 68000

Saladinos

Very suspicious.

That said, I get it all for free with MSDN-AA, so meh.

4. hodgeheg macrumors regular

Why suspicious? Like I said, they're legit. They're recommended by a number of universities.

If you think about it, it's not much different than the ultimate steal promotion - it's just on a wider range of products and all the time.

It's not *very* likely that Microsoft use their own website to refer you to people pirating their software, is it?

http://www.microsoft.com/uk/education/buy/pro-default.mspx