Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jayhove

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 5, 2008
Lock Down
MacBook (White)

If a CD full of softwares was created on an IMac using Mac OX 10.4.1 and when I tried retrieve/download those softwares onto my new Macbook using OX 10.5.4 why the CD reads empty. To explain more I have a CD with a few softwares that was created on Imac Mac OX 10.4.1 and I'm having problem opening the CD on my new Mac Book. Everytimes I tried to open the CD on the Macbook it says empty. But I can see all the softwares on the IMac not the Macbook. So please let me know how I can make my new mack book read the CD created from the IMac. What I need to do? Is is it possible to do? I need those softwares and I don't know how to download them onto the mac book because I have no way of getting to them.

Thanks

KingYaba

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2005
Up the irons
Does your iMac have a firewire port? You could use a firewire 400 cable and link your iMac and Macbook together. Then proceed to transfer all the files you want. :) Just boot one computer in target disk mode and you're good to transfer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.