Solar Face out of sync

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Loompy, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Loompy macrumors member

So when I first got the watch, I chose the Solar face. Seemed to be correct. Then I used another face for a couple days and went back to it. Now the face isnt in sync with real time. It had sunset about 3 hours ahead of when it was, and when I scroll the dot using the crown, it no longer says when Solar Noon, Dusk, etc is.

Anyway to fix this or will it fix itself in time?

2. Honey Badger macrumors 6502a

Honey Badger

I would try rebooting the watch first. And if that doesnt work, I would try deleting that watch face and then create a new solar watch face and see if that fixes it.

3. dotnet macrumors 6502a

dotnet

I've had the dots along the solar path disappear a few times, too, and it was always the iPhone's fault. I guess a required daemon on the phone that collects location, solar etc information just died. Restarting the iPhone fixed it every time so far, restarting the watch did nothing.

Another symptom of this fault is the solar path not being asymmetric with respect to the horizon to indicate summer or winter day length (near maximum effect right now), and I bet the sunset/sunrise complication also stops working (though I'm not using that one on any face).

4. dotnet macrumors 6502a

dotnet

Yep, confirmed. My Solar face has just lost its location awareness and the sunrise/sunset complication on the Utility face now shows --:--

The good news – fixing it is easy. Simply turning on airplane mode for a few seconds and then off again, so that the watch needs to reconnect to the phone, is all it takes to bring the sunset complication and the Solar face back to normal. No resets or restarts required.

5. Karnicopia macrumors 6502

Sounds like this fixes it, seems to work for me at least so far:

The solution is luckily very simple. On your iPhone, go to to Settings: Restrictions: Location Services. Allow for changes. Allow Apple Watch to use location when in use. Then you may click "Do not allow changes" again.

https://discussions.apple.com/message/28130061#28130061

6. PhillyGuy72 macrumors 6502a

PhillyGuy72

Thanks for the link, I noticed my Solar face looked different today around 2pm (Curve of the sun) But I really noticed it now as it shows its ready to set - it won't set for another 3 hours and 10 minutes. My other face is not showing any sunrise/sunset times right now.

Weird!

[​IMG]

7. PhillyGuy72 macrumors 6502a

PhillyGuy72

That worked! Thanks :)

8. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

So glad I came here when this happened again. Last time I un-synced the watch and it was a pain to restart. This time just went to airplane mode off and back. Voila! Problem solved!

9. dotnet macrumors 6502a

dotnet

Sadly, airplane mode only works most of the time for me. Sometimes I have to restart the phone (restarting the watch never helps).

I hope that whatever dies on the phone will get fixed by iOS 9.

10. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

I had a problem with sunrise sunset not working. To get it to sync again, I did the following:

Settings, Privacy, location services, Apple Watch Faces (turn to never, then to while using app).

Then I opened the Apple Watch App on the iphone.

11. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

I've given up on the solar watch face and the sunrise/sunset complications. I'm hoping this gets fixed in Watch OS 2. It's quite irritating.

12. PhillyGuy72 macrumors 6502a

PhillyGuy72

Yeah, this keeps happening every 36-48 hours. Astronomy face loses my location, Sunset-Sunrise times are "--/--/--" Hoping it will be fixed in OS2