Solar powered accessories -speakers chargers

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by lindsayanng, Jul 25, 2009.

1. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

So my mom has an awesome pontoon boat and she loves to go out on it. It does not have a stereo and the portable one sucks. I think it would be awesome to get her a solar powered system that can play her iPod nano or my iPhone.

So I guess there are two options. A solar charger and speakers that do not need power and just plug into the audio jack or a system like a solar ihome system that charges and has speakers.

I did a quick search and only came across a Bluetooth one but I don't think the nano can pair with blue tooth. Can it? It's a new one.

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I was about to recommend that new one, if I remember Engadget correctly it has 3.5m input, so that will work with it.

Edit: It's got the headphone input, so you'll be fine.

3. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

well.. it looked promising but apparently pretty useless.. Unfortunately, it does not run off of direct sunlight power.. You have to leave it in the sun for 24 HOURS!!! and that will charge the battery and then you run it off of the battery.. I could plug a unit into a wall and charge it for 12 hours if i wanted to and then bring it on the boat

I was hoping for just some basic speaks and a solar panel to charge the ipod AND power the speakers

4. lemonademaker macrumors 6502a

lemonademaker

In a Van Down By The River! Metro Detroit!
    that last one is an interesting idea......not much surface area to that one...