Solar powered charger

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Undone11091, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Undone11091 macrumors member

Whats the best, in your opinion, solar powered battery charger for the iphone. I dont want a case with the thing stuck on the back of the phone. I just want a separate unit I can have in my back pack or have incase the power goes out.

2. neko-hun-jyata macrumors newbie

I've got the Kiwi U-Powered: http://kiwichoice.com/portable-chargers/kiwi-u-powered.

Compact and comes with a bunch of charger tips so you can power lots of different devices. Pretty cool that it also has a built-in flashlight. Does take a long time to charge via sunlight, but can be charged on an outlet too if necessary.

Used it several times in the past year without any problems.

3. Undone11091 thread starter macrumors member

thats exactly what im looking for. Hows the build quality?

4. neko-hun-jyata macrumors newbie

I do wish there wasn't so much plastic to the body. Makes it feel a bit like a toy, but obviously this keeps the price down. Connectors feel kind of plastic too, but I've used them with a number of devices besides by phone and no problems with compatibility.

I've taken it on travel trips, backpacking, and mountain biking. It's held up well with all the bumps and jolts. Haven't dropped it yet so can't say how it would handle a full impact!

5. minidudi macrumors newbie

minidudi

I had a solar charger.

But it diffcult to make it work.

6. Undone11091 thread starter macrumors member

I decided on the juicebar. Its the second version and i like the form factor, battery size, and how long it takes to charge in the sun. Looks very slick.

http://juicebarsolarcharger.com/main.sc

7. RobDee macrumors member