Sold Apple Tv - What do I need to Delete?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by jwc6160, Apr 25, 2015.

1. jwc6160 macrumors member

I sold my Apple Tv and want to make sure I'm covering my bases. I went into setting into the Apple Tv and did a factory restore. Is there anything else I need to do to make sure none of my info is on there?

Thanks

2. MuckSavage70 macrumors member

MuckSavage70

Yep, the factory restore will kick it back to default and erase any settings or iCloud stuff you had on there. Should be good to go.

3. TallManNY macrumors 68040

TallManNY

When I'm feeling a bit paranoid about these things, I do the reset, then use the device for a bit, and then do the reset again. I'm not sure if you can do that with Apple TV without having to put in another Apple ID though. But maybe you could make a dummy ID.

The goal is to write over a bit of the memory and then restore again. At least this is what I do with phones before selling them. But there is more vital stuff on those phones than on the Apple TV. So caution makes more sense.

4. cynics macrumors G3

The reset you did should be perfectly fine. If you are paranoid you could restore it again from iTunes.

If you are really paranoid you could change all the passwords to your services (Apple ID pw, netflix, hulu, etc etc). Then even if someone were to pull the old information out (which is impossible btw) it would be useless.