Sold iPad 2 and got a $99 hp webos tablet

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iPadThai, Aug 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iPadThai macrumors 6502a

Couldn't bare how good deal it is to get an hp webos tablet for $100. Sld my iPad and using this thing now which is pretty damn great considering the price. Web browsing is just as fast as iPad and I can see why iPad 3 needs to come this year. Lucky for me I didn't have to pay $500 for the exact same experience as an iPad!

Sure no apps available but who cares. Most of my iPad apps were bootleg anyway. I just can't believe how good of a deal this was! No hate here- will hold off until iPad 3.

2. jb1280 macrumors 6502a

Glad you happen to enjoy it, but how do you draw the conclusion that the iPad 3 has to come out this year when a supposed major player in the tablet space has killed its entire line and engaged in a firesale?

3. MRU, Aug 22, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2011

MRU Suspended

MRU

The exact same experience sans apps, iTunes store, developer support, future support and operating system updates.

No apps available but who cares??? Most of the folks that would have never ever picked up the touchpad for $500, and to be quite frank it's the abundance of Apps which has contributed to Apple selling 30 million iPads since launch.

Most of your iPad apps were bootleg. So being a cheapskate is obvioulsy important to you.

Oh and apple need to rollout the iPad 3 this year because it's iPad killer competitor decided it could not compete in the market, killed it's hardware devision and sold off dirt cheap it's manufactured hardware with $millions of a loss o the company. Yes Apple really must be quaking in their boots now.

4. jca666us macrumors regular

I find the touchpad to be two to three times slower then the iPad 2 with offing web pages.

It's unsupported by HP, but I agree - for $99 you can't go wrong.

5. iPadThai thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well after having used the iPad 2 for a few months now the conclusion is it's hardly worth $500. The webos is better in almost every way minus the apps which I don't care about. iPad 3 needs to come out this year because tablets are getting so good and the iPad is gonna have a tough time.

6. jb1280 macrumors 6502a

Again, so the fact that a major player has abandoned the market demonstrates that the tablets are getting 'so good'?

Seems like flawed logic to me.

7. falconeight Guest

falconeight

8. iPadThai thread starter macrumors 6502a

Lol. Don't get your feelings hurt because one more iPad owner chooses a discontinued product over your beloved iPad. For my purposes the webos is perfect and I can save money waiting on the iPad 3. The iPad 2 is not that much better than the iPad 1. Definitely couldn't pass on such a good deal (on the hp).

9. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

A troll post posting about bootleg apps telling us that WebOS is better than iOS. Ok, the iPad isn't worth the price but I find lots of use for mine well over a year later. I don't think iOS is #1, but I don't call an abandoned OS better. I think the OP is cheap and that's ok. I don't think he values a good OS over saving money, and that too is ok. I do think his reasons for liking the device more are jaded, but it's his opinion. I still find his post trolling

10. Batavian macrumors 6502

Batavian

As long as you're bootlegging apps, why not bootleg a tablet? Free is even better than $100. :rolleyes:

11. iPadThai thread starter macrumors 6502a

Typical apple snobbiness. Your fruit is so great you can't bear me telling you about my giving up the iPad for a discontinued hp. Wow, apple owners can't accept a competing product may be more valuable than your idevice?:rolleyes:

----------

I would if I could. What I do with my own purchase is my own perogative whether i bootleg apps or pay for apps

12. MRU Suspended

MRU

I have owned a Palm Pre and still own the Pre 2. I have been supporting WebOS long before HP's involvement. I will try and get a Pre 3.

WebOS never lived up to it's promise, App support or the lack of it was one of the major reasons for Palms struggle to get carrier support. HP's involvement was meant to turn everything around, but it did not.

Either way it's clear your OP was just to troll - so I shall stop feeding your ego.

----------

You want us to respect your opinion, yet you can't even respect developers by pirating their applications. :rolleyes:

And the utter hypocrisy of all of this

Well your post certainly paints you as one.

13. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

If you're just looking for a mobile web browser/email checker, then no, I wouldn't pay more than about $100 for that, either. The real question is why you bought an iPad in the first place if you didn't want any apps beyond what it shipped with. That's like buying an iPhone (or any other expensive smartphone) when all you want to do is make phone calls.

14. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

I'd buy one for $99 if I could. I could add it to my HP calculator museum.

It's a great price but a dead end product. Not enough units were ever made and no software developer in their right mind will develop software for it (not if they ever expect to make a dime).

You could glue it to your refrigerator door as a nifty notepad for a signifigant savings over the Samsung web fridge.

But in the long run it's a more a collectable much like a TRS-80 model 100.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.