Sold iPad 2 hours before the event

Discussion in 'iPad' started by d0vr, Mar 7, 2012.

1. d0vr macrumors 6502a

I just sold my iPad 5 and a half hours before the iPad event today for $430 (no case or accessories). The gentleman was lovely and even aware there was a new iPad coming, so yay!

Anyone else sold their iPad 2 just hours before the event and if so, what did you get for it?

2. Emil889 macrumors newbie

I'm not going to celebrate anything yet but the current bid on my Wifi/3G/64G is about $550 (still 2 more days on the auction) so hopefully i get rid of it so i can get the new one asap :)

3. rowley macrumors 6502

rowley

I know it's doubtful, but will you be gutted if they announce it's not available until April or May?

4. d0vr thread starter macrumors 6502a

Not at all tbh. I rarely used my iPad 2, but I bet my gf would be gutted. I'm still waiting for the event to decide if I'll put the money to an iPad 3 or just wait for a while until I do have a need for it. I'm really hoping there is something more than just retina and LTE.

Even if I did use it a lot though, I don't think I would feel gutted as most people wouldn't rely on it as much as they would a phone. If I did the same thing with a phone and it was a 1-2 month wait, I would die. Would possibly buy an android actually ahaha.

5. lentini macrumors regular

You are John Titor and I claim my £5

6. d0vr thread starter macrumors 6502a

Crap. Shhhh!

7. ktmracer350 macrumors member

What model did you have to get $430? I bought a mint Ipad 2 16gb wifi with a $60 case for $350 months ago.

8. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I'm thinking about selling my iPad 2 16GB 3G + WIFI.

9. d0vr thread starter macrumors 6502a

2, 16gig, wifi.

I have this strange feeling that there are a couple of sellers disappointment in not getting more for their iPad's based on the string of negative votes here.

I'm in Australia where they cost a bit more, but I don't understand why people are sellign for $350 in USA. $380 would be my minimum sale price. $430 was the lowest I was going to go at all. If I had to go lower, I would of just waited till after the event.

10. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

^ I would think the negative votes (which are silly to care about) are due to the fact that the thread seems pointless in general. You, among countless others, have likely sold their iPad 2 in anticipation of the iPad 3. /shrug