Sold ipad 2 ,where can i get a usps flat rate box

Che Castro

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 21, 2009
I need one tomorrow memorial day cause tuesday i only have 20 minutes to go to the post office and ship it

I know i can order them online on usps

But i need one tomorrow , what stores have them ? Walmart,target,staples ?

Post office is closed tomorrow

nitemare

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2009
best chance is wait until the post office is open and get one then and ship it. even UPS and FedEx won't pick up until tuesday

Che Castro

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 21, 2009
No im not planning on dropping it some where tomorrow

I just want the box tomorrow to have it ready for tuesday morning , 20 minutes ill have free

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
This may not help now but for the future, you can order Flat Rate boxes from USPS for free and use them whenever you need to. Actually, I am not so sure about the order part but I signed up with them with my address and name and got a pack of 5 of each size for free.

nitemare

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2009
flat rate boxes are free at the post office, so if u have 20minutes free go there get the box, pack it and ship it all at the same time. u should send it certified and insured anyway

TheWheelMan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2011
flat rate boxes are free at the post office, so if u have 20minutes free go there get the box, pack it and ship it all at the same time. u should send it certified and insured anyway
Did you read the OP's post? He wants to ship it tomorrow, Monday, which is a holiday. His problem is that the Post Office is closed.

To the OP: Quite frankly, if you knew you were going to sell the iPad and wanted to ship it so fast, you should have gotten the box ahead of time. Trying to do that on a holiday is going to be hard because it's probably not going to be processed until Tuesday, even if you find a way to get it packed up and dropped off tomorrow.

racer1441

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2009
Back in my day we had these things called post offices. You went there, and could ship things.

blevins321

macrumors 68030
Dec 24, 2010
Winnipeg, MB
Just another thought- all the post offices near me have a 24/7 area where the PO boxes are with an automated mailing machine and flat rate boxes available for the taking. Plus a drop box that can fit the large box.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 21, 2009
Back in my day we had these things called post offices. You went there, and could ship things.
I dont think some of you understood my post

I dont want to ship it tomorrow i just want the box

Anyway ill try Walgreens or cvs

Game of thrones was good tonight

seeharrison

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2011
Just another thought- all the post offices near me have a 24/7 area where the PO boxes are with an automated mailing machine and flat rate boxes available for the taking. Plus a drop box that can fit the large box.
What they said. The post office nearest me has the priority boxes located in the "lobby" area which is open 24/7.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 21, 2009
Do i need to send them the receipt too ? With the ipad

I sold it with AppleCare

And the receipt has my name and email and last 4 numbers of my credit card

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
Do i need to send them the receipt too ? With the ipad

I sold it with AppleCare

And the receipt has my name and email and last 4 numbers of my credit card
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo ! :eek:

Call Apple and inform them you sold it and give them the name of the person you sold it to. Have the person call Apple to confirm transfer of the device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.