All iPads Sold iPad 3 for $225!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by m0nkeyb0y, Sep 5, 2014.

1. m0nkeyb0y macrumors member

m0nkeyb0y

Felt good about that, got cash for it. It was in pretty good shape, a 16Gb black wifi model I only paid 250 for it (I managed to win a $300 Best Buy card in a post-race raffle), so I've basically paid $25 to use it for the last few years.

Ready for a new one, though I can't decide between Air (bigger screen real estate, easier PDF reading) and Mini (fits in coat pocket, easier to teach from while holding it one-handed). Really hoping for a base of 32Gb (possible, but unlikely) and 2Gb RAM.

2. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

The only reason to get the mini is if extreme portability is important. Otherwise, the Air is a much better experience. You are used to the larger screen so I'd stay with that if I were you.

Not sure on the RAM thing either. Everyone seems to want this but the data is NOT conclusive that extra RAM would make the iPad any better. You have some that have safari tab reload issues but many others who do not. I don't believe RAM is the root cause of that but no one knows for sure.

3. Hello... macrumors 6502a

Hello...

I'd go with the mini I have the air and it's bulky the mini is so much better even if you only use it at home.

4. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

5. miketheappleguy macrumors regular

Bulky?!?! :confused: I mean really.

OT wait for Ipad Air 2 and get that

6. Hello... macrumors 6502a

Hello...

It's bulky if you used it as much as I do, the mini for me is much better.

7. m0nkeyb0y thread starter macrumors member

m0nkeyb0y

I actually asked 250 (optimistic), but took 225, via Craigslist in NYC.

8. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

I disagree. I love my retina Mini. You can have it when you pry it from my cold, dead hands. My wife has an Air and it’s too big and bulky for me.

9. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

As the Best Buy gift card could have been converted to cash in essence you didn't only pay $25. for the use of the iPad over the time period you stated.

Even so, you are pleased with your arrangement and that is all that matters.

10. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

IMO, The mini is the best experience. As I've said in a different post somewhere else on this site, I use the mini 90% of the time, the Air and an Omni 10 the other 10%.
    I can hold a mini one handed without thought or switching hands indefinitely. I cannot do that with the Air. I am an able bodied male. I can see where in teaching, the mini would be more convenient to use.

11. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

MonkeyBoy what did you do with full size iPad before? Then when it comes to iPad Air and iPad Mini, you will know what you want between two. :apple: