All iPads Sold iPad on ebay...but

Discussion in 'iPad' started by cchunk, Nov 2, 2013.

1. cchunk macrumors 6502

So i sold my ipad on ebay. I restored the ipad as new and didnt go through the set up. The perosn messaged me on ebay saying its asking for my apple ID and password. I could have sworn since i disabled find my ipad and restored and erased everything, it wouldnt ask for it? Any suggestions on what i should do?

2. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

3. Resqu2 macrumors 6502a

I think I'd make him return it, my CC is attached to my Apple ID as I'm betting yours is to. This sounds like a scam if you did the erase all, when I sold mine I did the same thing as you, I even got an email from Apple saying that find my phone was disabled and showed that to the buyer. Did you get anything from Apple?

4. Zcott macrumors 68020

From Apple:

If you are using iCloud and Find My iPhone on the device, you can erase the device remotely and remove it from your account by signing in to icloud.com/find, selecting the device, and clicking Erase. When the device has been erased, click Remove from Account.

5. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

I had that happen once when I did I a restore while hooked up to my Mac. I sold it on Craigslist and the guy called later and said he couldn't put his ID in the apple store setting because my Id was in and greyed out so he couldn't replace it with his. While on the phone, I had hin do a full reset and it cleared it. With IOS 7 it may be more difficult since you have to use your ID and password to restore.

6. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

But I was under the impression that turning off FMiP disabled the firmware password lock. Maybe the eBay buyer should DFU the iPad and reinstall the firmware.

7. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I gave one of my old iPhones to a friend and I resorted it probably 10 times, and even changed my iTunes pass code as well. She had no problems at all when she got it.