Sold iPad. . .

Discussion in 'iPad' started by nStyle, Mar 1, 2011.

1. nStyle macrumors 6502a

. . .anticipating iPad 2.

Yes, nStyle, who really cares about your sale? I just think it is amazing how much the thing sold for. Even though it was in pristine condition, and the guy got a fair deal, I still only lost $100 throughout the extent of my ownership, and I owned it since release.

I mainly sold because I never used the iPad. I used it every now and then, but not enough to justify owning. I had the money, I like Apple, and said "why not".

Though I highly doubt it, here's to hoping that Apple surprises us tomorrow.

*Plays "Don't Know What You Got Till It's Gone" silently to self*

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

You sold an item that you hardly ever used to buy the second generation of that item?:confused:

Ok, congratulations, I guess.

3. Davichi macrumors 6502

You hardly used it? Why are you even bothering about second gen?

100 dollars is a big loss. If you barely used it, then you just took a big loss.

4. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Congrats. You can waste another $100 or so until March 2012 not using the second generation.

5. nStyle thread starter macrumors 6502a

I sold it because I am hoping something about the iPad 2 will be significantly improved.

A $100 loss over the time-span of a year pales in comparison to a $500 purchase, regardless of use. I never said I didn't use it, I just meant that I wasn't completely happy with it.

6. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

There is so much more you could be doing with your money...

7. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

nice! im keeping my first gen and also getting 2nd gen I think. All depends on what the 2nd gen has. if its a lackluster update I either wont get it or wont rush to get it. im keeping the first gen cause I really like checking out all the beta builds right when they get released. (i have 4.3 beta 2 on my 1st gen now). heres hoping to an ios 5 beta tomorrow.

8. nStyle thread starter macrumors 6502a

I actually think I did the smart thing by selling before 100% of America is fully aware of an imminent iPad upgrade (which come tomorrow, there won't be many who are not aware, apart from the media-phobic) and while used prices on current iPads are still feasible for sellers. Besides, I certainly wouldn't need two iPads. I just figure I am not losing very much this way and I can have an updated version.