Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

noodlelegs

macrumors member
Original poster
May 24, 2010
I sold a Verizon iPhone 4S on ebay, and I didn't remove the sim card from it before I shipped it. Is this bad? Does the Verizon iPhone even come with a sim card?

MayBee

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2011
1. did you activate your phone number to a new phone?
2. did you wipe out all your data on your phone?

I believe once you transfer your phone number to a new phone, then that sim card is useless.

To be 100% sure, contact Verizon and let them know....

noodlelegs

macrumors member
Original poster
May 24, 2010
1. did you activate your phone number to a new phone?
2. did you wipe out all your data on your phone?

I believe once you transfer your phone number to a new phone, then that sim card is useless.

To be 100% sure, contact Verizon and let them know....

I activated it, then wiped it, and then activated another phone immediately.

MayBee

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2011
I'm 99% sure you are fine. That sim card that you left in the phone is useless. If he has his own sim card, then he will need to put it in there. If he set up a new number, then Verizon will give him a new sim card anyway.

If you want to be 100% sure, then contact Verizon. :)

I activated it, then wiped it, and then activated another phone immediately.

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
Good grief. Verizon iPhones don't have Sim cards!!

As long as you wiped you phone and transferred your phone number you are fine. :)

b24pgg

macrumors 65816
Jan 28, 2009
CA
Verizon iPhones don't have Sim cards!!
Yes they do.

In fact, if I recall correctly, when I tested out a foreign SIM after Verizon unlocked the phone for me, strangely the phone wouldn't reconnect back to Verizon unless the Verizon SIM was re-installed.

jekyoo

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2007
Chicago
There is indeed a sim card in the Verizon & Sprint 4S but they aren't used unless you plan to go out the country and use your phone in a foreign country.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.