Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobright

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
So I am about to send off my iPhone which I just sold. I was wondering what is the best way to send it off and make sure everything on it is wiped clean.

Should I restore with my sim card in it, then pull the sim and send it off? Or should I restore WITHOUT the sim and then simply send off?

Does doing so one way or the other effect the unlock in any way, or once its unlocked (which I already did) it is unlocked for good?

Chopstick217

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2011
Huntington Beach, CA
So I am about to send off my iPhone which I just sold. I was wondering what is the best way to send it off and make sure everything on it is wiped clean.

Should I restore with my sim card in it, then pull the sim and send it off? Or should I restore WITHOUT the sim and then simply send off?

Does doing so one way or the other effect the unlock in any way, or once its unlocked (which I already did) it is unlocked for good?

Im assuming the phone is unlocked via IMEI number. If that is the case, then the unlock is permanent. As for wiping data, I just go into settings, general, rest and "erase all content and settings." That should remove everything from your phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.