sold iphone... temp replacement...?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by whyrichard, Jun 22, 2008.

1. whyrichard macrumors 68000

Hello,

I sold my iphone for $300.... i need a temporary replacement until the i get a new new one....

... what is the type of phone i should look for? and what is the cheapest way for me to get one?

gsm? tdma? i forget all the terminology.... just want to drop my sim into a phone and have it tide me over...

r.

2. thecellar macrumors regular

when i sold mine at the beginning of june, i bought an old motorola v600 unlocked for any gsm network, for 12.99 on ebay. just popped my old sim in the back and works great. well, so far so good. i just need it for a few more weeks.

3. calvy macrumors 65816

You need a GSM handset that is unlocked or locked to AT&T. That is all that is required. Anything that is TDMA only is going to be super old and not worth having, in my opinion.

4. timmciglobal macrumors member

I bought a motorola PayGo phone at walmart for 14.88 and put my SIM in it.

Tim

5. MACsimus19 macrumors member

Just be careful with your text/data, I was charged for each text I sent with my interim phone as it was not covered by the "iPhone data plan". Stupid old LG CU500!

I'm using my work phone (Bberry 8830) as my current full-time device. July 11th can't come soon enough.

6. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

I sold my 16GB iPhone in May, thinking the new 3G would be released much much sooner. Anyhow, I was using a Nokia 2168 and I couldn't stand it. So I bought a slightly used 8GB iPhone on eBay and will be using that until the 3G is released. Once I have the new phone, I will unlock this one and sell it on eBay.

7. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

i sold my iphone on the day of the new iphone 3g announcement.

God i miss it!

I found some old tmobile samsung phone lying around, unlocked it and I'm currently using it now.

How the hell did i even make phone calls before the iphone?

It used to be whatever i dont care about features on a phone as long as it makes calls.

Cellphone interfaces and OSs are atrociously awful and slow.

Now I miss accessing my email and getting random spurts of interests that I could google on my phone to get the answer to. (How did i live before this?!!)
    Matter of fact how does anyone else use a web browser on a phone that isn't safari?

Hurry July 11th!

8. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

You can buy a Motorola GoPhone C168i at Wal-mart for roughly $15~$20