Sold iPod Touch IOS 5 Apple id

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iPad Retina, Mar 2, 2015.

1. iPad Retina macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

Hello guys, I've sold my iPod touch. I put it into recovery mode and did a full restore, but when I went through the set up in iOS 5 it never asked me for Apple id, it totally skipped it. It asked if you want to start from iCloud backup and iTunes stuff I selected start as new ipod, then it ask for diagnostics then said your done is this normal

2. BrettApple macrumors 65816

BrettApple

Well, normally the iOS 5 setup will ask you for your Apple ID during setup as seen here:

[​IMG]

But if you used iTunes to restore it it most likely signed in with your Apple ID that iTunes is signed into and skipped it in the setup on the iPod itself. I know my 2nd gen does that on iOS 4. If you reset it on the iPod itself it will ask and will be blank.

I wouldn't worry too much about it though, you still have to provide a password to purchase things, and the new owner will most likely use their own. But for future reference, you will want to go into the settings and check things like iCloud, Mail, iTunes and Appstore IDs, etc.

Or restore and then erase content and settings afterwards to make sure it's clean.

Was this a 3rd generation touch? Just curious. It's the only one that stopped at iOS 5 and would be eligible to restore in iTunes with that version. Miss mine, it died a premature death in 2010.

3. iPad Retina thread starter macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

Yeah it's and iPod touch 3gen can they look through my purchases?

4. BrettApple macrumors 65816

BrettApple

Doubtful. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

If you want to you could go change the password to your Apple ID.

Only if it was totally signed in could they go to the Appstore's purchased section. Usually when I've restored it will have the ID listed already, but not be fully signed in.

You should be fine. And they will likely change it to theirs if it is somehow signed in.