Sold iPone on eBay..What do i do now?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Fazzl, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Fazzl macrumors 6502a

Fazzl

So i told my 3GS on ebay and am currently using iPhone 4. But i did the erase and restore on my 3gs. should i ship it this way (screen says connect to iTunes) or should i activate it and then ship it?

2. maddux2005 macrumors 6502

They will have to activate it, unless ya plan on paying their bill every month :p ship that sucker!

3. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

activate the phone, then remove the sim and ship it.

4. Philalbe macrumors 6502

I sold my 3GS on eBay too. I did that erase all content thing, plus I removed the sim and shipped it out that way. I stated in the auction that I'd be keeping the sim. I'm not sure if I had too? I just wanted to be extra cautious.

5. 8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

Did you do the "SECURE ERASE" in settings? That keeps your deleted data from being restored.
    Settings > General > Reset > Erase all Contents and Settings.

It may take awhile so plug it in. It does a multi-pass military style erase.

6. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

7. maddux2005 macrumors 6502

Why would he activate it? The buyer will have to put a new SIM in and activate it themselves.

8. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

i think its just late night/early morning talk.

9. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Restore your iPhone and then leave it on the 'attach to iTunes screen' and remove your sim. Thats how it comes when you buy one brand new.

10. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

What if the guy wants to use it as an iPod Touch for a while or is on another carrier and can jb/unlock it only after it is activated?

Bottom line is activating the phone has no adverse effects and can only make your life easier because then they can't bitch at you/file a dispute for the phone not working. (especially if you didn't advertise the phone as not activated in the listing)