I recently sold my MacBook and wanted to restore the computer to new. I barely have any files on it since I rarely used it. To be safe I would like to restore it to factory just like when I bought it on the first day. Is there a way to do this?
Reformat the hard drive and reinstall the OS that it came with.
Start up your mac with the OS X disk inserted, run Disk Utility and format the drive. Upon completion reinstall the software it came with.
1. To erase the primary drive, insert the OS X installer disk.
2. Reboot the computer. It will ask for your administrator user name and password.
3. Select you language.
4. From the menu select Utilities > Disk Utility.
5. Select the disk you want to erase and click Erase.
6. Specify a volume format and name for the disk.
7. Click Security Options and select your formatting option.
8. Click OK.
9. Click Erase.