sold macbook pro on ebay shipped last week no recipient

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sossity, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Sossity macrumors 6502a

It has been over a week, I shipped out a laptop I sold on ebay via USPS mail with insurance, tracking and signature confirmation. The buyer paid right way.

So far it has been stuck at a notice has been left for the recipient to go to their local post office to pick up, but has not been delivered, I am worried that the laptop will get shipped back to me & I will have to reship back to the buyer.

I don't quite understand, all I can think of is the buyer has been out of town, I have had no messages from them. So I guess it is being held at their local post office? and for how long can it be held for before it is shipped back to me?

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

This is all stuff that can be answered by going to the USPS's website, why don't you give that a try?

3. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

If it does, it stays with you until the buyer pays for further shipping. If it goes pear-shaped and he wants a refund you can demonstrate it was shipped, held and returned so you are quite entitled to refund him less the shipping cost. Big waste of everyone's time but also possible it was circumstance out of control (worst case, accident and been in hospital or something...).