Sold my 32 gb 3g ipad

cash4chaos

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
campbell ca
Tried to like it but not enough usability yet. I made a nice little profit also :) Buying a i5 mbp 2.4 in the morning.

cash4chaos

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
campbell ca
Wow where's the Apple love ?

As a member of this forum for over 3+ years and a mac user since 1984, all I can say is wow to all responce's. The ipad is a nice device for mobile browsing movies and games and that's about it for now. I'll wait for 2nd gen with USB
My iPhone and mac is enough for me now .
By the way I sold the 3g 32 gb in LA for 1200 $ this morning
peace.

antiprotest

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
As a member of this forum for over 3+ years and a mac user since 1984, all I can say is wow to all responce's. The ipad is a nice device for mobile browsing movies and games and that's about it for now. I'll wait for 2nd gen with USB
peace.
You could have sold a 64GB 3G for more. If only you had one.

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
peace.
I can't speak for everybody but here's my take on the situation. People are impulse buying the iPad because they desperately need to be the first kid on the block for bragging rights, realize after a short time that they have no need for it and then come here and tell us they got rid of it because it was useless to them.
Now, that makes you and others in your situation look a bit foolish for not waiting and checking it out first. And honestly, why did you really create this thread?

cash4chaos

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
campbell ca
I can't speak for everybody but here's my take on the situation. People are impulse buying the iPad because they desperately need to be the first kid on the block for bragging rights, realize after a short time that they have no need for it and then come here and tell us they got rid of it because it was useless to them.
Now, that makes you and others in your situation look a bit foolish for not waiting and checking it out first. And honestly, why did you really create this thread?
Because I think people should not drink the Apple kool aid like I did !
and buy a device that is under featured. Oh and by the way it's Apple's marketing ploy to have you upgrade equipment every 2 years or 1 iPhone anyone ? I bet many of you now think the ipad is nothing but a toy now .
Alas it is a nice toy thou
peace

Boiler

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2009
Arbitrage

If you can buy something for 730 and sell it for 1200, why not do this again and again every day?

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
For that much money, I would have sold mine too! (Well maybe not… :p)

If you can buy something for 730 and sell it for 1200, why not do this again and again every day?
Because they are sold out.

Or I doubt the OP could have gotten that much for it.

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2006
Because I think people should not drink the Apple kool aid like I did !
and buy a device that is under featured. Oh and by the way it's Apple's marketing ploy to have you upgrade equipment every 2 years or 1 iPhone anyone ? I bet many of you now think the ipad is nothing but a toy now .
Alas it is a nice toy thou
peace
I agree to some extent. I reminds me of the Newton (which I loved BTW).

It can be very useful for the mobile web for those on the go. If you don't need this then it is just a toy.

It's uncomfortable for most other things as I knew it would be.

If you bought it to play games there's nothing I can say :D

What amuses me is that they sold so many of these mainly, I think, on Apple's reputation to deliver, and not on a selective process. This is so, because it's a very new idea. The iphone is similar, but only so far.

'What if' everyone soon decides it's useless?

Apple's reputation would suffer. But they are so far on top of the heap it even that won't do much damage. I don't think.

Did the Newton damage Apple's reputation?

I don't know.