Sold my 5.5G iPod

Discussion in 'iPod' started by wakerider017, Aug 31, 2007.

1. wakerider017 macrumors 68000

wakerider017

Well I sold my 5.5G iPod in anticipation of the new Touch iPod.

I figured my 5.5G would loose a lot of value once the new iPods come out.

Hoping the rumors were true and the touch comes out...

Keeping my fingers crossed I made the right choice!

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i think you made a pretty safe decision. it isn't like apple is going to stop making ipods, right? ;)

3. mBurns macrumors 6502

If you can live without an iPod for a bit, I think you made the right decision. My friend just bought an iPhone and has an extra 5.5 60 GB sitting around. I told him to sell that thing asap unless he wants to lose even more value then he has to in a few weeks.

4. nylon macrumors 6502a

nylon

I also just sold my 5G iPod 30GB for $200 on Craigslist. It was out of warranty as well but in Mint condition. I'm hoping for a 16GB flash model.

5. wakerider017 thread starter macrumors 68000

wakerider017

Ya I got 200 bucks too.

Mine was still in warranty though and was also flawless... I barely used it at all... (I had just gotten it like 2 or so months ago)

Oh well I didn't loose much...

Kinda sucks I just started school w/ out an iPod... That was what I bought it for... Will be so nice if I can watch movies on a widescreen though!!!

I have like 3 hour breaks between some classes and I am an off campus student...

Movies are NICE!

6. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

I just sold (well closed a transaction, the iPod/Money haven't switched hands yet) my 4th Gen iPod 20GB in anticipation of the new iPod announcements on the 5th (Touchscreen please!) I included the iPod, USB 2.0 Cable, Firewire Cable, AC Adapter, and unused Apple EarBuds for $120. I wanted to sell quickly, got 3 offers in less than a day :)

7. Deven macrumors newbie

lol I have a 3G, no way I'm gonna get much if anything. Besides, it was a gift from friends and the battery is dying. I'm REALLY anxious for a groundbreaking 6G. I mean an upgrade from 3 to 6...it gotta be off the hook right? Wednesday can't come any sooner.

8. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I was in a similar situation, desperate for the next upgrade, but then I got my iPod's battery upgraded...

9. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

good move indead. I sold my 5th gen on ebay 2 days before the 5.5s came out, got an extra $75 for it. I think it's a pretty save beat that you'll be getting a slick ass iPod on Wen.

10. Sdao macrumors 6502

sold my 5g 60 gig video (black) for 225 the other day, so I'm part of the club

I hope this touch iPod is going to be amazing.