Tablets Sold my iPad2 and need advice

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by RedCroissant, Aug 27, 2012.

1. RedCroissant Suspended

Hello all,

I recently sold my iPad2 and now I am in need of a tablet(either 7" or 10") that can be used to import PDF files, ePubs, and other types of ebooks that is reliable, a quality-enough build, and inexpensive. I don't need all the features that the iPad can offer since I need this solely for reading longer selections for school.

Is there a good device out there that can easily sync files either through iTunes or Finder? Thanks for any help.

2. Woodcrest64 macrumors 6502a

Woodcrest64

Nexus 7. Its small, light and honestly the best android tablet out there right now.

3. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Yep, this. But be ready to inspect for 2 flaws. One is with a screen flicker. This isn't very common and appears there is a software patch. The other is people have complained about the glass bezel having the potential to slightly raise in one area. (by slightly, I mean half a mm). If you happen to have an issue Google is just as good as Apple with a replacement.

Also be prepared for a 7" screen. The entire Nex7 is almost exactly half the size of an iPad, when you lay the Nex7 on top of the ipad.

These are the common negatives. There are a ton of positives. I like Google Wallet and the $25 you get into your account when you order a Nex7. Gets you started on the app journey. And Google gift cards started rolling out today at local Targets and a few other places.

Or wait for the ipad mini which releases in Oct. That may not get the retina screen or a lot of memory, but if it is 200 bucks, a lot will get sold.

4. thinkinblue613 macrumors 6502

thinkinblue613

I definitely agree with the Nexus 7.

Can't recommend the iPad mini though, it hasn't come been released... Yet.