Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tips

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2011
On Top Of The World
After playing with it for about 3 months, downloading about 350 apps
I found I am not producing anything good, but killings lots of hrs exploring, new apps and appreciating them. So sold it this week.

Now I am going to buy ipad3 with the cash proceeds, if I am convinced that I can produce something good. Mostly educational, certificate course entirely done using ipad2 and results value add to my resume, or learn some languages at no cost and get a school certificate to add into my resume!.

Would love to hear from you if you have accomplished something value add, and that you think it has improved your resume.
[Productivity improvement, entertainment are not value add for me]

gpsouza

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2012
Lisbon
After playing with it for about 3 months, downloading about 350 apps
I found I am not producing anything good, but killings lots of hrs exploring, new apps and appreciating them. So sold it this week.

Now I am going to buy ipad3 with the cash proceeds, if I am convinced that I can produce something good. Mostly educational, certificate course entirely done using ipad2 and results value add to my resume, or learn some languages at no cost and get a school certificate to add into my resume!.

Would love to hear from you if you have accomplished something value add, and that you think it has improved your resume.
[Productivity improvement, entertainment are not value add for me]

Hello there :)
Lol i use my iPad mostly to take college notes, study, sync all PDF that I have in my Mac, store the books that i need and more.

To improve productivity its a MUST to have, IMO, the following apps:

Any note app (I use Noteshelf), iStudiez (If you're still studying), Wolfram Alpha, GoodReader (Or any other PDF editor of your choice) and Dropbox to keep all sync. I don't know which area you are, but for my engineer course i also have Wolfram Calculus, Wolfram Physics, Formula MAX, Molecules and PSE HD (Periodic Table)

That's it, for me :D

tips

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2011
On Top Of The World
Hello,
I have explored Noteshelf,Wolfram-xyz,Good Reader , they all are good productivity enhancers!. I do not want to go back to school, but get some
value adds done online using primarily ipad.

Otherwise I im in IT , mostly programming is my work.

thanks

Hello there :)
Lol i use my iPad mostly to take college notes, study, sync all PDF that I have in my Mac, store the books that i need and more.

To improve productivity its a MUST to have, IMO, the following apps:

Any note app (I use Noteshelf), iStudiez (If you're still studying), Wolfram Alpha, GoodReader (Or any other PDF editor of your choice) and Dropbox to keep all sync. I don't know which area you are, but for my engineer course i also have Wolfram Calculus, Wolfram Physics, Formula MAX, Molecules and PSE HD (Periodic Table)

That's it, for me :D

gpsouza

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2012
Lisbon
Hello,
I have explored Noteshelf,Wolfram-xyz,Good Reader , they all are good productivity enhancers!. I do not want to go back to school, but get some
value adds done online using primarily ipad.

Otherwise I im in IT , mostly programming is my work.

thanks

Oh ok ok. I know that there are some programming apps. I have one called Codea, which is basically to create Games (maybe other stuffs, i really don't know, i'm using to incentivate myself to lern Lua, which is the language used in Codea.
There are others apps, but i really don't know. Good luck :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.