Sold my iPhone 4...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iBreatheApple, Sep 26, 2011.

1. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

in preparation for the next iPhone! I'm really stoked. While the iPhone 4 is a great phone (and will still be when it's forerunner is released), I didn't want to kid myself by thinking I wasn't going to upgrade and I didn't want the phone's value to depreciate much so I wanted to get it sold before the announcement.

Sold it (white, 16GB) for $350 on craigslist the day after I put it up with many offers that same night.

Anyone else done/will be doing the same?

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

I sold my ping pong table fairly recently and had the same thoughts. I wasn't quite sure how I felt about it at the time but thought surely other people have also sold their ping pong tables. I hear the next model is going to be pretty sweet with a movable net and a table that changes colors. I am pretty stoked. Has anyone else sold their ping pong tables?

3. iBreatheApple thread starter macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

I sometimes wonder if people are ass***** just to be ass*****, or if they even realize how they come off.

What's the point? You don't like/agree with something, leave it alone. Get over yourself, man.

4. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

I've sold my iPod touch 4 at the start of August for the next iPhone

5. iBreatheApple thread starter macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Sweet, how much did you get for it?

6. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Well, I laughed...

Back on topic: I'll sell mine once I find out if ATT will bump my eligibility date up. And even then, probably not until I have the iPhone 5 in hand.

7. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

I got it for $470 NZD. Sold it for $375 NZD. So I've used it for 1 year and only paid $95, that's why I like Apple's resale value. :cool:

8. iBreatheApple thread starter macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

YES! You can usually MAKE money upgrading every year (provided you are eligible for a full discount each time.)

9. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

I'm curious. Are you talking about the original poster, who started a new thread even though there are countless others saying the exact same thing, or are you talking about the first responder for making light of an already tired thread?

10. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Yup. Try doing that with Android :rolleyes:

11. iBreatheApple thread starter macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Curiosity killed the cat. You may exit my thread now. You can click the 'back' button on your browser, or click here.

12. ckc macrumors regular

I think that may just be a rumour, I am going to wait until they bring in flashing T/T balls that have a homing device to the bat as a standard accessorie.

13. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5313e Safari/7534.48.3)

Analysts have already predicted the PingPongS to be the only model released this year. It's said to have the same shape (ahh darn it, I always wanted a thinner & lighter version with more table real estate like the samsung galaxy table), and the new P5 dual-bounce ping pong ball.

They are putting of the PingPong5 until Q1 2012 due to manufacturing issues.

14. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Once the iPhone 5 or whatever it is, is announed I will read the features and make sure it is what I want. Once i work out I like it, I will sell it one week before the Australian launch (which is rumored to be tier 1 this year).

15. iBreatheApple thread starter macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Yeah, but I figured if I waited then the i4 would lose value, even in just a couple days.

16. Looon macrumors 6502a

Looon

No I'm not convinced the next ping pong table is going to be that much of a bump. Probably more like an incremental upgrade. I'll wait for ping pong table 5

17. TheBigKing macrumors 65816

TheBigKing

i just put my factory unlocked iphone on ebay to buy the 5 :D

18. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

True it probably will lose value after the announcement but I buy my iPhones factory unlocked so even if I was to sell today the iPhone 5 will still cost me around $500, if I waited and the 4 sold for $100 less the 5 would still cost $600 so for hundred dollars I will much rather not be iPhoneless.

19. iBreatheApple thread starter macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

I bought an Android Moto Backflip off CL for $60. :/