Sold my Iphone 5S for the LG G2

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by jimbo1mcm, Apr 28, 2014.

1. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

First, I love Apple products. I currently have a MacBook Pro, an Ipad Air, a Mac Mini, and an Imac. I have had an Iphone 4, 5 and 5S. So why did I switch to a LG G2? Probably because I am impatient and couldn't stand waiting another 6 months for the new Iphone. I was very impressed with the G2. It has a 1080p screen, optical image stabilization, wireless charging and a battery that lasts all day, in a form that is mostly minimum bezel. I had been familiar with Android, having had a Galaxy S3 and S4, and my wife currently has a S4, so switching back to Android was not a problem for me. I was able to duplicate just about all my Apple apps on my G2. The G2 is really, really nice. There are no buttons on the side. The power button is on the back along with the volume buttons. I had initially discarded the G2 from my search for a new phone because I thought I wanted buttons on the side. How wrong I was!! The G2 has a knock knock feature that I use to wake the phone up and put it to sleep. I never use the back buttons! It also has wireless charging, plus other features. I am loyal to Apple up to a certain point. I think that if Apple had the Iphone 6 out right now with a larger screen I might have purchased it, but I am very happy with the G2. I might even upgrade to the G3 when it comes out this early summer.

2. Robster3 macrumors 68000

Really, post in the iPhone thread and let the flaming begin. We need proof here:rolleyes:

3. IFRIT macrumors 6502a

Can't argue with the G2's hardware not very fond of the UI stuck on top though.