Sold my iPhone 7 Plus for an iPhone 7

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nidserz, Sep 27, 2016.

1. nidserz macrumors 6502a

nidserz

I know there are many threads on this already, but I wanted to make my own and to share my story incase it helps someone else.

I have used an iPhone 6 for almost 2 years, until it basically broke down on me. I cracked the screen and got it replaced, but mainly my battery didn't last more than 20 minutes. So I went back to my 5c for a little while, but was traveling so needed a good camera phone for a reasonable price. I settled for the LG G5. Great dual camera for landscape (wide angle lens) and 5.3" screen. The screen is fantastic, and I could just handle the phone with one hand.

I am a pretty small girl, 5"0 and small hands so it is a challenge to stretch my thumb across the screen. Also, I am on the go a lot and like to have my phone in my pocket at all times, be able to access it, and use it in one hand while multi-tasking.

I love to take photos, and had been using a relatively large phone, so when pre-orders went live I went for the obvious 7 Plus. The depth of field feature was a major selling point for me. One of the reasons I got into photography. I finally got the phone, flown across the world through family. I knew the phone was big, many friends have the 6 Plus, but when I got it in my hand, it was just way too big for me. I was almost convinced myself that I would no longer be able to use my phone with one hand, shift the phone to stay in my back pocket, etc. I decided to take it out one night to test it out (mainly the camera as it was the only feature keeping me from dropping down to a 7), and I was a bit disappointed. The depth of field feature was nice, but I was searching for reasons to use it, and then when I wanted to use it in a restaurant, it would not work because of the lighting, and it was super grainy. I was very disappointed with this. I guess you have to have great daylight for it to really be a great feature, which unfortunately I am not.

I ended up selling my iPhone 7 Plus for a $200CAD profit, so I will be buying a battery case for my iPhone 7 with that.

Last thoughts - after using my LG G5 for 3 weeks, and seeing the iPhone Plus for a little while the iPhone 7 feels so small! I hope I will get used to going back to the "small" screen. And I really hope Apple makes some design changes to the Plus next year, because it is incredible how other manufacturers can get similar size screens on much more compact devices. Ideally, I would love to see a 5" screen, I think that's a sweet spot.

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

They'll most likely do that next year when Apple is rumored to ditch the dedicated home button in the 2017 iPhone.

3. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I would also like to see three screen size variants. The Plus model is in some respects, to large for carry and cumbersome. I own the 7 and the 7 Plus will be arriving later. I like having the ability to switch sizes.

4. syphern macrumors 6502

Another I switched thread look at me please

5. cdmoore74 macrumors 68020

I'm a 6 foot tall, fat 41 year old guy with medium sized hands and grey hairs popping in places I couldn't have imagined just a few years ago. I think we might have something in common!

6. phonetechatwork macrumors member

phonetechatwork

I fully understand your reasons, I can recommend the zero lemon 4,000mah battery case. Been using it for about 2 weeks. Love it!

7. mjb59463 macrumors 6502

I have until Friday to make this decision. Not sure what I'm going to do yet.