Sold my iPhone forgot to delete my content

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Ric Harris, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Ric Harris macrumors newbie

How can I support the buyer in deleting my content and syncing to his iTunes? I know dumb mistake but any help would be great thanks Ric

2. bobfitz14 macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

I don't have advice to support the buyer in deleting your stuff, although you should change any and all passwords that were associated to that iPhone and its apps (if you remained logged in on any apps like twitter, email, etc).

Assuming the buyer is connected to a wifi network or a cell network, changing passwords will prompt them to enter the new password when they, for example, open the Mail app and it tries to refresh your inbox.

Not sure what else you can do.

3. kreach macrumors member

have him do a complete reset on the iphone, by sharing with him your find my iphone passcode + apple id/password.

change you password immediately after that;

Or you can meet up with the person and do it for him.

4. heated lime macrumors newbie

luckly if it is on IOS 7, Ios 7 has a nice feature called find my iphone. You can log into your i cloud account and then go to the find my iphone. From there you can click a button to erase all content on the phone just with a click of a button. When the buyer then connects to wifi or has a internet connection signal from his phone provider it will manual wipe the phone clean.

hope this helps