Sold my iPhone on ebay help with buyer

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cpt.iphone, Jun 20, 2009.

1. cpt.iphone macrumors member

Hi,

I just sold my iPhone 3G to a buyer in Georgia. Is it ok to sell to him if he is an unverified buyer on Paypal? This guy has 0 feedback on Ebay and is unverified on Paypal. Does this look like a scam? Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks! :apple:

2. ptsube macrumors 6502

Don't do it, unless PayPal says that you are covered for seller protection.

3. sonictonic macrumors 6502a

I've been using eBay since I was 17 (10 years! LOL) and you have GOT to protect yourself. Especially on an expensive item like an iPhone. Wish you woulda asked this before you entered into the deal with this buyer, as it may be a little too late now. From now on though you should 1) block buyers with no feedback or negative feedback scores, 2) only ship in your country, 3) only accept payments from verified PayPal accounts and the last one is a biggy, 4) only ship to a confirmed address. PayPal will only cover your butt if the address is a confirmed one. Trust me I been there. :)

Good luck!

4. soopamac macrumors member

confirmed address + signature confirmation from the exact buyer.

i wouldn't do it though. just do a refund, and repost it and add the restrictions mentioned above.

5. cpt.iphone thread starter macrumors member

First of all thank you everyone for your help! He has submitted payment, but it is on hold, is there still a way for him to reverse the transaction? I am on the phone with paypal right now to see if i can get the hold lifted before I ship it.

6. nippyjun macrumors 65816

FYI: i would only accept a postal money order or similar for items like this. If you absolutely have to use paypal to accept payment make sure that you are eligible for seller's protection.

7. cpt.iphone thread starter macrumors member

Refund has been issued...let's try this again. thanks everyone for your help!:):apple: